Find me on social meida

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Get your (Health) Freak On

2012: A Healthy Year

It's not an official resolution, but I've decided I'm definitely going to try and eat healthier this year.  I'm not trying to lose weight, I just want to feel good.  I've noticed how my stomach reacts to certain foods and drinks and I don't like it.  :(

For me, cutting back on soda is the hardest part.  It's the one really unhealthy thing I consume regularly.  And, of course, when you're eating unhealthy foods like pizza, onion rings and chips, soda seems like a natural companion...well, at least for me it does.  So, by staying away from unhealthy foods or cutting way back on them, I will be less tempted to grab a soda.

One thing I've been doing is taking foods which might not be as healthy and putting a healthy twist on them.  For this, I love Hungry Girl.  Her website has "food swaps" which take something like onion rings and shows you how to make a healthier version yourself.  The recipes are easy and yummy.

Click to check out Hungry Girl

Another thing I've been doing is trying to pack a healthy lunch.  I bring my lunch to work anyway because there aren't takeout/fast food places around, but I've been trying to make sure the food I'm bringing is going to get me through the day and taste good.  No one wants to eat something that tastes like cardboard.

I also opt for healthy options of maybe-not-so-healthy things.  Like, for instance, lately I've been having an english muffin with my breakfast.  I will buy the multi-grain ones instead of the regular ones, and I do the same with my tortilla wraps--I get whole wheat.

I always have fruit with my breakfast and/or lunch.  Usually I'll have a yogurt as well.  I really like Activia's yogurts.  Simple things like incorporating fruit into your diet can make a difference.

One of my favorite "treats" are the Skinny Cow candy bars!  They are called Heavenly Crisps, and I love the peanut butter ones.  They are so delicious and only 110 calories.  I'm not a huge sweets person, but these are a nice ending to a meal.  Click here to experience Skinny Cow .

It's amazing to me how much better I feel when I eat healthier, so I'm definitely hoping to stick to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment