Find me on social meida

Monday, January 30, 2012

Review: Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush

For my review, I'll be looking at a few things:

  • First Impressions
  • How closely (I feel) it did what it claimed/how well it met the description
  • Color range/selection and pigmentation (if applicable) 
  • How well this product met my expectations
  • Overall thoughts on the product
I'll be grading the product using A, B, C, D, F--A being amazing and F being fail.

Let's get started!


So I'm reviewing the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush.  I have one color--Orchid Hush.  I believe it's the lightest color; it's a pale lavendar/pink. 

  • First Impressions:
    • I didn't know what to expect because I was wondering how the blush was going to feel.  It felt almost creamy, but not quite.  Definitely unlike any product I've used before.  I was excited to see it bounce--which it didn't.  Basically, when you press your finger into it, it just stays pressed down.  This concerned me because I wonder how long the product will last.  
    • When I first applied the color, I was expecting a little more pigmentation than I got, which was disappointing.
    • Having said that, when I used it again and again and got the hang of it, I liked the finish I got.
    • Also, you do have to use quite a bit of the product to get the desired pigmentation.  
      • Grade: C-

  • How closely (I feel) it did what it claimed/how well it met the description:
    • Maybelline describes this product as a "Revolutionary gel formula provides a new bouncy texture."  It didn't seem to bouce for me, and I've heard other people say the same thing.
    • They also describe it as a "Lightweight like a powder, yet melts seamlessly into skin like a cream" and a "Natural sheer wash of color that is buildable for greater color intensity."  I agree with these two claims.  It  is sheer and buildable.  It definitely is lightweight and melts into your skin, leaving a powdery finish.
      • Grade: B

  • Color range/selection and pigmentation (if applicable):
    • They have a good color selection.  There are lighter colors, like the one I purchased, and deeper colors.  Their website says there are 10 shades. Click to View Shades.  I don't think the shades on the Maybelline site look true to the way they look in person, but it still gives you an idea.  Here are the names of the shades: Rose Petal, Pink Plum, Plum Wine, Peach Satin, Pink Frosting, Fresh Pink, Coffee Cake, Candy Coral, Orchid Hush and Hot Tamale.
    • The pigmentation isn't great, but it does say this product is a "natural sheer wash of color," so I dunno what to say.  Since this grade is based on pigmentation and color range only I will have to say it doesn't have great pigmentation.  
      • Grade: C
  • How well this product met my expectations:
    • I expected things I didn't get and I got things I didn't expect from this product.  I was expecting it to bounce and that didn't happen.  But, it is true to it's claim that it provides a sheer wash of color with a powdery finish.  
      • Grade: C+
  • Overall thoughts on the product:
    • Overall, I like this product.  I like the colors and the finish it leaves on my skin.  And, even though I've heard people complain it doesn't last all day, I find that mine does stay on all day.  My only concern, based on the size of this product and how much product you have to use to achieve a noticable color is how long will this product last before it's gone?  Plus, I wish it really bounced.  
      • Grade: B-

My final grade for this product is a B- because I like this product and I am intersted in trying another color.  I like the way it wears on my skin, and hopefully it won't get used up too quickly.  I just feel the name might be a little misleading.  I almost wish they called it something else just so users wouldn't assume it bounces back up after used because, not being aware of this, you use more of the product until you get the hang of it.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment