Find me on social meida

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Review: L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Balm

I'm going to be reviewing a semi-new product from L'Oreal, the Color Riche Balms.

There are 8 different shades.  They are meant to be a sheer balm, not intensely pigmented.

Here's my review:

1- First Impressions:
  • I heard these balms were just that, balms...with a hint of color.  Honestly, that's one of the reasons I tried this product before Revlon's Lip Butters.
  • I thought there was a good color selection.  The color I chose, Caramel Comfort, is one of the 2 nude shades available.  I was hoping for a sheer wash of color, mainly something to wear with a nude lipliner.
  • I was happy when I tried on the color after purchasing (there's no way to see the color before hand in the store).  It was exactly what I was looking for.
  • This product is SO moisturizing!
    • Grade: A
     
     Swatches 
    From left to right: Caring Coral and Caramel Comfort
      2- Does it live up to its claim?
      • For me, this product definitely lives up to its claim.  It moisturizes and gives a hint of sheer color.  
      • I was very happy I decided to purchase.
        • Grade: A
      3- Color selection/Pigmentation:
      • I thought they had a good variety of colors.  I'm sure they're waiting to see how the product does before bringing out more colors, but I think for an initial launch there was a good selection.
      • There isn't much pigmentation to these, but they don't claim to be pigmented.  They are described as a tinted SPF lip balm.  Since they aren't supposed to be too pigmented I'm not holding it against L'Oreal.  If someone wants a more pigmented product, they should probably avoid this one.  Since I bought it mainly because it was sheer, I love it.
        • Grade: B +

      4- Overall Thoughts:
      • Love this product!  I'm glad I didn't listen to reviews which urged to pass this product because of it's lack of pigmentation.  It does exactly what it says--it's a tinted balm with SPF which moisturizes lips.  Had I been in the market for a more pigmented product I might've been disappointed, but since I purchased it because I wanted a sheer color I'm very happy.  
      • This product is SPF which is great.
      • I later went on to purchase Caring Coral and absolutely love that, too.
      Overall Grade: A


      For more information: Visit L'Oreal's Website



      From left to right: Caring Coral and Caramel Comfort

      No comments:

      Post a Comment